The Summer Excellence in Research Program for Faculty
The Summer Excellence in Research Program for Faculty (SEiR-F) promotes high-quality research efforts for Culverhouse faculty by providing funding for their summer research. Funds may be taken as a summer stipend and/or used to reduce the costs of the proposed research.
In order to be awarded an SEiR-F grant, the faculty must engage in research efforts that:
- Have clear potential for high impact on business and/or society
- Result in the submission of a manuscript to a high-quality, peer-reviewed academic journal and/or submission of a proposal for research funding to a recognized grant agency (federal, state, foundation, or private industry).
Each semester, the faculty members who received grants through the SEiR-F program will give presentations of their supported research.
What Is Explained:
- Research supported by the SEiR-F grant
- Portions of the research that needs to be completed
- Potential impact of research on business and/or society
- Targeted outcome of the research
- The journal to which it will be submitted
- The agency to which a proposal will be submitted
Where: Virtually through the Zoom platform
When: 2 – 4 PM throughout the year
Each session will feature three presentations. Each presentation will last 30 minutes followed by 15 minutes of questions. Light snacks will be served immediately afterward.